Get out of your comfort zone!
Like you I've started 2011 with a resolution. Mine is to get out of my comfort zone more! Today i'm going to share with you how I plan on doing that and my progress so far :)
I've started compiling a list of 11 things (still unfinished) that are going to take me out of my comfort zone and force me to become better at what I do, more efficient and more outgoing.
Here it is, the list so far!
1. Run a marathon - This might surprise some but I literally hate running. So I dedided that running 42km at once was a good idea... Makes sense right? I figure if I can do something I hate and smash then I can do anything I set my mind to. I started training this week and will be doing the Canberra marathon on April 10. The thought of marathon training right up until July when the Gold Coast race is on made me feel sick so I'm going to get it over and done with! (check out how my training's going in the video).
2. Go skydiving - I am pretty terrified of heights, climbing small ladders gives me jelly legs... Definitely not going to be comfortable jumping out of a plane, but i geuss that's the point!
3. Start a charity - This one is already in the works. The Jason Rich Foundation will be up and running by mid 2011 funding defensive driving courses for year 12 students. Jason (pictured) was a friend of mine who passed away in a car accident around 12 months ago, so we figure that we'll make sure something good comes of it :)
4. Spend a week in a 3rd world country - I've never been overseas and I know how lucky we are here in Aus so I figure getting somewhere where the people aren't so lucky will help me appreciate what we have here so much more.
5. Going to Las Vegas to attend a Brad Sugars business boot camp - Brad Sugars is one of my professional idols. This one might not sound very uncomfortable - going to vegas and all... but it will require a pretty hefty financial commitment as well as a week or so out of the country.
6. Move into a bigger gym - It would be pretty easy to stay where we are and keep doing what we're doing but in the pursuit of world domination in 2011 we will be moving into a bigger and better gym so that we can continue to raise the bar even higher in terms of the standards of excellence that we provide. Super excited about this one and can't wait to get the ball rolling. We're in the process of looking at different places so it is definitely moving forward!
7. 100km walk for charity - I'll be honest Idon't even know when this is on but I know I'm signed up :) We'll be raising money for OXFAM to help those less privelidged and training has already begun with some of our clients who are also taking up the challenge.
As you can see I still don't have 11 things :( so i need some ideas! I would love to hear how you are getting out of your comfort zone in 2011 and if you want to get involved in any of the above just say so!!! You can do so by leaving a comment underneath.
PS: If you have accountability issues try writing a blog about what you want to get done and make sure every single person you know reads it ;)
Dedicated to your fitness success,