Snack Yourself Slim!
When trying to achieve maximum fat loss it’s really crucial that we keep our blood sugar levels as consistently stable as possible - this helps to keep the bodies release of insulin in check... We do this by having 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day as opposed to 2-3 big ones…. For the purpose of this article we're going to keep it on a strictly need to now basis (coz details are boring)...
The things to look for in a good snack are:
- High in protein – this will keep you fuller for longer meaning less overeating at later meals but also will help in the repair and recovery from training.
- Convenient – in todays world if it’s not quick and easy it’s too easy to skip or find an alternative so you need to make sure your snacks a quick and easy.
- Tasty – if you don’t enjoy your food it’s going to be hard to keep the good habits going so it’s crucial to find something you like J
Here are a bunch of options I recommend:
- 30g Nuts (unsalted)
- 2 Ryvita & 30g low fat cottage cheese
- 200g Low? No sugar Yogurt
- Tuna or salmon pouch
- 200ml Low Fat or Soy Milk
- Small protein bar
- Protein Shake
Out of all of the above my personal favourite is the protein shake – it’s quick, jam packed full of protein and really tasty! J
People are always asking me which one to buy so instead of sending them off into the big bad interwebs with a name of the one I used (which I used to do) I decided to talk to the manufacturer and get our own labels put on it to make it nice and easy for you!
So long story short we now have our own line of Protein Powder (I think that’s pretty cool)… It comes in both Chocolate and Vanilla J
Let us know what your favourite healthy snacks are in the comments section :)
Dedicated to your fitness success,