How To Achieve Win / Win
How To Achieve Win / Win
Have you ever spent hours, days or weeks trying to figure something out and then someone else told you how to do it in 5 seconds flat?
There is a lesson to be learnt there!
How often do we waste time, money and energy on doing things the hard way!
I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed but one thing I have figured out is that people by nature generally want to help other people. If there’s something you want there is a great chance somebody else already has it and can show you the shortcut to getting it as well.
Think of something you want to achieve. It will probably fall into one of three categories Wealth, Health, Friends & Family.
Now think of someone who already has what you want – pick someone who is accessible (but don’t limit yourself, virtually anybody is accessible).
What you’re going to do next is contact that person and offer to do something for them – depending on your relationship with them you might take them out to lunch or coffee or you might be able to offer them something depending on your profession (eg I will regularly help people get on track with their fitness free of charge if I have questions I want to ask them or require their help with something).
The key here is to ensure you are providing “fair exchange” as you want this to be a fruitful ongoing relationship so this person can mentor you in that particular area.
When it’s time to meet focus on 3 things.
1) Build Rapport – if you don’t know them well already the quickest way to do this is to ask them a few questions about themselves. Don’t be a suck up here, a quick thanks for your time is enough. To increase your rapport building skills knowing something about their personality profile is important – this is a whole other blog post which I’ll write for you later
2) Ask Quality Questions – the quality of your life is determined by the quality of your questions so be sure to point some time into these. Don’t waste time on the fluffy stuff. Get stuck right into the stuff that you really want to know.
3) Deliver Fair Exchange - Ask the person how you can help them in return or simply give them a gift of some type. Follow up with a hand written thank you card. This way if there is something else you want to talk to them about later they won’t hesitate to help.
With that principle in mind here at PEPT we’ve recently created a licensing system where we are helping personal trainers build their own businesses under our name and with our help. So in short you can be in business for yourself but not by yourself.
Here I want to give you $500 in fair exchange for your help – I thought you might know one or two up and coming personal trainers who could do with our help to build themselves a successful business with a whole lot less stress.
They might currently be struggling with:
- Getting enough new clients into their business.
- Keeping the clients they do have.
- Keeping track of all of the admin tasks like billing, customer care and keeping in regular contact with their clients & past clients.
- Social media headaches – what to do and how much time it takes.
- Getting ranked in google searches
- They might simply feel lonely – business can be a lonely place at times!
It could be any one of these things or more but we can help
Here’s what I want to do for you – if you refer someone to us who becomes a PEPT licensee I’m going to give you $500 cash straight up. Simple! All you’ve got to do is get them to check out this link www.pept.com.au/franchise
Here’s another cool thing – this opportunity is not only limited to personal trainers, we can actually help you become a qualified personal trainer now so it’s a potentially life changing option for someone passionate about fitness looking for a career change.
If you know anybody simply point them to the above link or send them my way
Dedicated to your fitness success,