The Questions That Shape Your Life
What do you do when you want better answers?
Ask better questions!
Your brain works kind of like Google – when you ask it a question, it goes and searches for answers. So the critical thing becomes the quality of the question that you type into your brain.
For example – if you ask yourself a question like "Why do I never have enough money?" your brain will go and find answers like:
- "because you didn't try hard enough at school."
- "because your boss is too tight to give you a raise."
- "because people like you will always struggle."
If you asked a different question like "What can I do to make an extra $200 per week?" your brain would go and find answers like:
- "you could read a book or attend a seminar on wealth creation."
- "you could go and talk to your Uncle John who's done really well for himself and learn from him."
- "you could talk to your boss and see if there is any extra work you could do around the office or bring more value to the business in exchange for extra hours or higher pay."
- "You could assess your budget and see if there are any areas you are wasting money unnecessarily."
Long story short – the quality of your life will be determined by the quality of the questions you ask yourself.
This principal applies to all areas of your life – health, wealth, relationships, family, work etc...
If you're getting crappy answers – you're asking crappy questions!
The first step to asking better questions is to identify the crappy (from now one we'll call these "limiting") ones you're asking.
Exercise – write down some of the limiting questions you have been asking yourself. Next write down the new empowering questions that you're going to start asking yourself from now on :)
When you ask yourself a great question you might not get the answer straight away but you will open your brain up to finding (or simply just seeing) a great answer.
You will need to work on catching yourself asking the limiting questions and consciously changing the question to a more empowering one :)
Dedicated to your success,